Playing in Paradise 23: Sketch


Welcome to another Playing in Paradise challenge! This week, Allison has created an original sketch for us to work with.


 Here is how mine turned out:


I think this would make a better home decor piece than a card but I kind of made it up as I went along.

I started with wanting to use my new Stampendous ribbon stamps. I bought them because I thought they'd be perfect for cards that require less bulk for shipping. They're also terrific because I don't have to worry about tying the perfect knot or bow... Already done! And then, of course, there are the endless possibilities of cardstock and ink combinations to match your "ribbon" with your project! I stamped it with Versamagic Night Sky ink on some light blue cardstock.

The panels in the background were created with Spellbinders Large Labels. I left the die in place to do a bit of inking (Night Sky again).

The semi-oval was die-cut using Spellbinders Lacey Ovals. Again, I left the die in place for more inking.

The sentiment is a stamp from Inkadinkado.

The cluster of embellishments started with a bit of twine from Jillibean Soup. I tied it in a bow, cut the loops and frayed all the ends. 

The rolled flowers were created with a My Favorite Things die and my quilling tool. These are my first attempt but I'm certain to get the hang of it. I used Lemon Yellow Liquid Pearls for the centers. I'll probably add a few more dabs around the sentiment for more visual interest/coordination. I finished things off with a couple of tiny paper roses.

Be sure to check out the other DT projects!
This week's prize is a pkg of supplies from the Happy Fall line of Imaginisce!

How to Play:

1. You have until noon on Thursday, July 14th to link your entries for this challenge at the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog.
2. Please link directly to your entry photo or your specific blog post featuring your project, not a general link. We reserve the right to remove invalid links. If you're uploading to a public forum, please use the keyword PPC23 so we can find you!
3. Please fill in your name (not the name of your card or the name of the challenge) as the caption/label within the linky tool.

Thanks for stopping by!

{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Spring Rain (both Papertrey Ink)
  • Patterned Paper: Bitty Dot Basics (Papertrey Ink)
  • Stamps: Ribbon Bow Border (Stampendous), Friends (Inkadinkado)
  • Ink: Versamagic Night Sky (Tsukineko), Spring Rain (Papertrey Ink)
  • Dies: Large Labels, Lacey Ovals (both Spellbinders), Rolled Flower (My Favorite Things)
  • Other Tools: ink blending foam (Ranger), paper roses

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Looks wonderful as a card too! you can do anything for a card. I love the colours. Very soothing to me today.