Playing in Paradise Challenge 25: Quilt Inspiration


Hello all and welcome to another Playing in Paradise challenge at the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog!

This week we have an inspiration photo to base our papercrafting project on:


Find anything in the photo that inspires you! The colors, the stitching, the shapes...

I went with the square pattern inherent to quilts and a whole lot of stitching!!


Why, you might ask, do I have a card that looks strikingly similar to the American flag when I'm proudly Canadian? I have family and friends who live in the United States, of course! And I miss them all! ;)  I lived in Idaho for 3 years and definitely miss certain things about the US... Reasonable food prices, plenty of variety and a government system I understand! ;)  Alternatively, I could have made this a 4th of July card...

I started by embossing a grid pattern onto dark blue cardstock. I stitched over the lines and stamped the stars. I die-cut the sentiment panel and stamped the sentiment in blue ink. I was tempted to add buttons or something to each side of the sentiment but decided that shipping costs were more important. ;)

Be sure to check out the other DT projects!


This week's prize is a stamp, die cuts and chipboard stickers from Imaginisce's Happy Fall line!

How to Play:

1. You have until noon on Thursday, July 28th to link your entries for this challenge at the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog.
2. Please link directly to your entry photo or your specific blog post featuring your project, not a general link. We reserve the right to remove invalid links. If you're uploading to a public forum, please use the keyword PPC25 so we can find you!
3. Please fill in your name (not the name of your card or the name of the challenge) as the caption/label within the linky tool.

Thanks for stopping by!


{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy (all Papertrey Ink), card base (Recollections)
  • Stamps: star - Around & About Sentiments, sentiment - Fillable Frames #2, flourish - Mat Stack 2 Collection (all Papertrey Ink)
  • Ink: Fresh Snow and Enchanted Evening (both Papertrey Ink)
  • Dies: Mat Stack 2, Double-Ended Banner (both Papertrey Ink)
  • Other Tools: Guidelines impression plate (Papertrey Ink), sewing machine/thread

8 comments:

Allison Cope said...

Awesome card Dana! Love the stitched rows of stars!!

Merlie said...

I usually don't think about the shipping till it's too late... Just mailed one the other day and I had to pay $3!! Your card is gorgeous Dana, love the stitching.

Angie Blom said...

Beautiful Dana.. love it.

Karen B. said...

Such a fun card, I'm a sucker for anything with a grid on it!

kasia c. said...

Fabulous! I love that mat stack with the banner like that. And wow, that stitching is superb, it turned out beautifully!

There are some truly fabulous things about the states. Very cool that you lived in Idaho.

I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Allison Rankin said...

So fab! Great idea to mimic the quilt design that way!

Tracy.H said...

Love all the stitching!! Great job. :0)

Unknown said...

Love your quilted flag! Super sweet card! ;o)