Playing in Paradise Challenge 24: Coloring!


Another Playing in Paradise challenge is live over at the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog! This one's mine!


I completely thought I was going to do a project based on Copics but ended up trying something that I've been intrigued with for some time... Painting with Glimmer Mist!

I first heard of this through Maile Belles's post here (scroll down a bit). Such a gorgeous project!! I made my project so much simpler by using a negative background stamp... No worries about coloring outside the lines!!

(Since photographing this card, I moved the scalloped rectangle upwards to even out the layout a bit.)

After die-cutting a rectangle and scalloped rectangle, I stamped my negative background image with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with black powder. I sprayed some Viva Pink Glimmer Mist on my craft mat and used a paint brush to apply it to the flowers. I did the same thing for the stems in green Glimmer Mist. Any imperfections in the embossed background were then covered up using careful application of my Copic Multiliner pen.

I adhered the rectangle to the scalloped rectangle using my Xyron for perfect adhesive coverage. I wanted this to look like one piece rather than two.

Using a stapler, I attached the Glitz tulle to my card front, cut it and tied a knot. I attached a little paper rose and some twine to a button and hid the knot. A small stamped tag and some pins finished off my project.

Be sure to check out the other DT projects!
And introducing...

Welcome, ladies!!

This week's prize is a pkg of supplies from the Imaginisce Happy Camper line!  Two snag em stamps, die cuts, sticker stackers and chipboard stickers (an approx value of $23)!!

How to Play:

1. You have until noon on Thursday, July 21st to link your entries for this challenge at the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog.
2. Please link directly to your entry photo or your specific blog post featuring your project, not a general link. We reserve the right to remove invalid links. If you're uploading to a public forum, please use the keyword PPC24 so we can find you!
3. Please fill in your name (not the name of your card or the name of the challenge) as the caption/label within the linky tool.

Thanks for stopping by!


{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: True Black, Stamper's Select White (both Papertrey Ink)
  • Stamps: Wild Flowers (Hampton Art), Tiny Tags (Papertrey Ink)
  • Ink: Versamark, Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid (both Tsukineko)
  • Glimmer Mist: Viva Pink, Meadow Green (Tattered Angels)
  • Dies: Rectangles, Scalloped Rectangles (Spellbinders), Tiny Tags (Papertrey Ink)
  • Other Tools: tulle (Glitz), paper rose (Recollections), rustic cream button twine (Papertrey Ink), pins (dollar store), black embossing powder (Stampendous), Copic Multiliner pen

6 comments:

Angie Blom said...

Dana.. this is gorgeous.. love the colours.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Gorgoeus Dana! Love this technique...I have to try it and the drama of pink and black is perfect!

Lynn said...

Dana, the dramatic black background is gorgeous!

Allison Cope said...

Beautiful Dana! Love the resist technique of the stamp and the colouring!

Karen B. said...

This is beautiful!!! So glad that you've pulled out the mists and are trying new things!

Sabrina said...

Great ideas Dana! Love seeing the results of your creativity and imagination.