Playing in Paradise Challenge 26: Tags, Twine and Buttons!


Welcome to this week's Playing in Paradise Challenge over at the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog!

This also happens to be my last challenge with them as a Design Team member... Things are much too busy in my life right now to continue into another term. I'm sure I'll play along with future challenges, though, as I've had so much fun with them!

This week, we have a Power of Three challenge from Carla:


I made a sort of interactive or dual-purpose card to go with this:


I got the idea for the dual-cardstock tag from none other than THE "Aimes" Wanford here. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the stamp on the kraft with the stamp on the rustic cream cardstock as demonstrated by Maile Belles here (one of my fav examples of this technique is here).



The tag just tucks into the buttons that I sewed onto the cardstock so that it can be removed and used as a bookmark or something.

There are so many wonderful projects on the web with removable pieces... Dawn McVey has a little rocket that can be removed and played with here and Aimes (again) has this beautiful removable hair clip here.

Be sure to check out the other DT projects!


This week's prize is Stamp, Die Cuts and Sticker Stackers from Imaginisce's Happy Fall line!

How to Play:

1. You have until noon on Thursday, August 4th to link your entries for this challenge at the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog.
2. Please link directly to your entry photo or your specific blog post featuring your project, not a general link. We reserve the right to remove invalid links. If you're uploading to a public forum, please use the keyword PPC26 so we can find you!
3. Please fill in your name (not the name of your card or the name of the challenge) as the caption/label within the linky tool.

Thanks for stopping by!


{Supplies}

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous Dana...I love the color palette!

Arlene said...

Beautiful card Dana. Love the soft and delicate look of it! :)

Arlene.

Allison Cope said...

What a cool card Dana! Love that the tag is removable! Beautiful!

Sabrina said...

Love the colours! Love the buttons! And love the fact that the tag is removable! GREAT IDEA!

Merlie said...

Great idea!! Love all the buttons and the flower.

Aimes said...

OK - I LOVE this idea of resting the tag in those sweet buttons! Genius! And even sweeter is the sentiment beind the tag!
Thanks so much for linking me up - your words are faaaaaaaaar too sweet and kind :)
Hugs!
Aimes
x

Karen B. said...

This is so very beautiful Dana, the colors are gorgeous....

Dixie said...

Very beautiful! I love the stitching around your tag, and making it removable is really clever.

Tracy.H said...

This is really cool! Great idea. :0)

farmhouse-story said...

this is such a clever design, dana--adorable, too:)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

I just love the clever design Dana! All the best to you and thanks for everything you do/did for the SBP Challenge team!