Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 59

I love Waltzingmouse Stamps!

I actually own quite a few of them.

I only realized this when I was going through them to find something for the latest sketch challenge. ;)

I've been watching WMS sketch challenges for some time, always intending to participate but this is my first actual entry! And it's not even my favorite sketch!


I was inspired by a woman's shirt that reminded me of this sketch. The card actually looks NOTHING like what I started out to do. I started with a one-layer CAS card and ended up with something vintage!

Not my typical style and so I'm not sure if I nailed it or not.  ;)

I've had those gorgeous Maya Road pins for a little while just begging to be used. Finally got them in!  ;)

The snowflakes were heat embossed in silver. Then I sprinkled on a little loose powder and heated it from underneath to get it to stay put while I finished the embossing process on top. The blue panels were then inked up a bit and sewn around the edges.

The sentiment circle was created by clear embossing the stamp on white and then using 3 distress inks and a spritz of water.

The bow/flower was a serious pain. I had no idea how to do what I wanted to accomplish and ended up winging something else. I inked the silk ribbon with 2 distress inks (both sides) and then trimmed the sides to give it an antique, frayed look. The grommet stud (can't remember what the brand is) in the center is hiding the knot while glue and Scor-tape are keeping it together!

[Edited to add:] This card shared Top Mouse award with 2 other contestants! I'm so thrilled!!

Thanks for stopping by!


{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: Enchanted Evening, Blueberry Sky (both Papertrey Ink), white card base (Recollections)
  • Stamps: Musical Backgrounds, Season's of Love - Tags, Very Vintage Christmas (all Waltzingmouse Stamps)
  • Ink: Versamark (Tsukineko), Antique Linen, Old Paper, Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain, Smoky Sky Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Ranger)
  • Dies: Circles (Spellbinders)
  • Other Tools: sewing machine/thread, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), silk ribbon (Papertrey Ink), vintage pins (Maya Road), grommet/stud (unknown), clear and silver embossing powder (Filigree)

13 comments:

Karen B. said...

Oh my is this ever GORGEOUS! Wow, the flower takes the cake, or maybe the embossed snowflakes! I love it all!

Vanessa said...

Hi Dana! Oh, this is so beautiful! Love it! Thanks so much for your sweet comment and for telling me about that email subscription! I had no idea :) I added the box to my sidebar now! Vanessa x

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Dana, I'm so glad you joined us this week at WMSC and this is a gorgeous take on the sketch! I love the blue papers and all of that embossing you did! Wonderful!

kasia c. said...

WOW!!!
This is so pretty! I love all of the detail and effort you put into this. I would say you totally nailed it!! :)

Kelly S. said...

Oh I am so glad you finally played, Dana! This card is amazing!! That looks just like expensive embossed snowflake paper that you would buy at a store! I lovw how you did the sheet musis background, and the Christmas label with the silvery pins is just perfect. Oh PLEASE come and play again soon! Like...next week ;)

Kelly S. said...

Oh wait...and I adore all of the stitching :) Oh, annnnnd that lovely little ribbon flower! NOW I am done!!

Deborah Frings said...

I think you've nailed this sketch. I love the colours, the snowflakes, the gorgeous vintage feel. Fab!

anya said...

An amazing card, Dana! I love all the depth and texture you've created! Truly a beauty - so glad you joined us for this week's WMSC! Hope to see you playing along again!

Clare said...

SO glad you played along, your card is gorgeous!! Love all the texture and interest! Thanks for joining us at the WMSC this week! : )

Deborah Frings said...

Hey - you're a Top Mouse - congratulations!! This is a fab card.

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous card Dena :-)

Thanks for your comment on the SSS challenge blog :-) I have added an email box now but I am trying to add the feedburner one.
I haven't quite worked out how to add it yet ,,,, :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Renee said...

Congratulations on Top Mouse!! :)
A gorgeous card...
truly well deserved!

Krista said...

i think you totally nailed the vintage look! the embossing is beautiful and the stitching is so very pretty