PTI MIM: Die-Cut Glitter Border, Moxie Fab World and Lily Pad Cards Felt Challenge

Three challenges in one card again...

This week's Papertrey Ink Make It Monday reminded me why I RARELY work with glitter. Yes, it's pretty and yes, it's MESSY! Especially when you have to leave in the middle of working with it and a child helps things along... *sigh*

I'm also entering this into the Moxie Fab World and Lily Pad Cards felt challenges.


I wanted to use PTI's Funky Town paper and the Sending You dies and went from there. The felt flowers were die cut, carefully arranged and then placed on some Scor-tape adhesive sheet. If you have a 1-1/2" circle punch, I recommend punching out a perfect little circle to make your own Glubers but since I didn't have the right size, I just cut out around my finished flower. Added a bit of glue and glitter to the centers. A little sprinkling around the "petals" is alright, of course!

I was quite surprised to end up with a stamp-free card!

Thanks for stopping by!


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Stamper's Select White
  • Patterned Paper: Funky Town
  • Dies: Sending You, Rolled Flower (My Favorite Things)
  • Felt: Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse
  • Other Tools: chisel glue pen, glitter (Prisma)

10 comments:

Donna C. said...

Too pretty! I have not done this challenge, but now I am inspired to give it a try!

Suzanne Russell said...

Love the paper and the dies used here. Your application of the glitter technique is very well done. Great job!

C said...

Cool use of that pretty glitter!

Annette Allen said...

very cute..love how you put the glitter in the middle..

Unknown said...

Adorable card! I'm still trying to get rid of all the glitter from last week's make it Monday challenge!!! Nasty little stuff that glitter:)

Nancy K said...

Sweet card! Loving the glitter and your fabby felt flowers! Thanks for joining us at Lily Pad Cards!

Shirley said...

Either way they are beautiful and the colors are great!

Lin said...

Love your felt flowers, Dana! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lily Pad Cards!

kasia c. said...

Dana, this is gorgeous! I love that glitter border around the die cut! I can't even imagine having to break in the middle of glitter, Yikes! That stuff takes forever to fall off and man do you you find it in places you'd never imagine. :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Dana! Thanks for linking this up to the Fabulous Felt challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)