Timeless Tuesday #131 and Sketchbook Saturday #24

I love Chupa's sketches!

They're so eye-catching...

I've just never organized myself well enough to play with one.

Well, if I want to get any crafting time in right now, I have to be organized!

So I combined Chupa's Sketchbook Saturday challenge with the Timeless Tuesday challenge at Flourishes (pink, lace/ribbon, buttons).


The late-evening lighting took its toll on my photograph...  ;)

It's difficult to tell, but I sprayed some Rose Tea Glimmer Mist on the white card base. I added the stitched and circle patterned papers (more Kaisercraft Miss Nelly) and sewed on some lace.

The stamped panel took a bit more work.  ;)

I stamped the giant gift box in Frayed Burlap ink 3 times: once on the stitched white rectangle and once on each of the patterned papers. Then I took my detail scissors and went to work paper piecing!!

I love the effect! It looks like a gorgeous vintage box!

I had the thing all photographed and ready to go until I remembered the buttons...

Thanks for stopping by!


{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: white card base (Recollections)
  • Patterned Paper: Miss Nelly (Kaisercraft), generic parchment
  • Stamps: All Wrapped Up (Flourishes)
  • Ink: Frayed Burlap Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger)
  • Dies: Rectangles and Grand Circles (Spellbinders)
  • Other Tools: sewing machine/thread, Rose Tea Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels), Sweet Blush buttons (Papertrey Ink), Jute button twine (Papertrey Ink), bloomer ribbon (American Crafts), lace (dollar store)

6 comments:

Karen B. said...

So beautiful, you've got some stunning layers here!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my goodness, the ribbon on the present looks so lifelike I'd want to touch it! Gorgeous card, thank you so much for playing!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card. I really love how your present looks so lifelike! ;o)

farmhouse-story said...

simply beautiful, dana! love your bow:)

Silke Ledlow said...

Dana, this is just beautiful! Awesome take on the sketch and the embellishments are perfect! Thank you for playing the FTTC with us...hugs ~S~

Shirley said...

So feminine and lovely! What you did with that present and the roses!!! How very pretty!