Paradise Player and a Scrapbook Page!?!

Make sure to click here for our blog candy post!

I haven't scrapbooked in EONS.

Not since I discovered stamping and cardmaking.

But when I received the sketch for this week's Playing in Paradise challenge (I won Paradise Player on this post), I knew I wanted to use it with a photo.


I dug out a picture of my niece and went to work creating an 8 x 10 to fit a frame.

Unfortunately, I started adhering things together before getting a good look at the whole picture.  It's not as perfect as I would like it to be but still cute!


Maybe I'll add a bit of journaling to the bottom.

Thanks for stopping by!


{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: embossed Coredinations
  • Patterned Paper: [will be back with this]
  • Stamps: Alpha Blocks, Faux Ribbon and Star Prints (Papertrey Ink), Seasons of Love - Tags and Musical Backgrounds (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
  • Ink: Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink), Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Black Soot and Mustard Seed Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger)
  • Dies: Stars and Deckled Rectangles (Spellbinders), Alpha Blocks (Papertrey Ink)
  • Other Tools: red Pebbles, yellow tulle (Glitz), white embroidery floss, Stardust gel pen (Sakura), eyelet/Big Bite (We R Memory Keepers), sand paper (Tim Holtz), ink blending foam (Inkssentials)

6 comments:

kasia c. said...

THis is pretty fabulous! I love those awesome stars! and that paper is so fun. :)

Lynn said...

Fabulous layout of your sweet Claire!

Allison Cope said...

Oh Dana... she's adorable! Beautiful use of the sketch this week!

Karen B. said...

She is cute, the layout IS good, congrats for scrapbooking again!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Adorable photo! Love your take on the sketch. I am the same with you, I was passionate about scrapbooking and once I started making cards, it's rare that I scrapbook!

Unknown said...

Lovely layout! TFS!