Monday, August 22, 2011

Waltzingmouse Sketch and CAS-ual Fridays: Embossing

This card started out as this project but was set aside as other ideas took over. I turned it into this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch. It's supposed to be a layout sketch rather than a card sketch, but I preferred it and so adapted it. Only one or 2 liberties have been taken!  ;)

It also works wonderfully well for this week's CAS-ual Friday challenge: embossing. I used heat embossing a couple of times on this. Such a fun challenge that I don't doubt I'll be back for more!


I am loving these Funky Town papers!  ;)

After die cutting a frame with Spellbinders Labels 2, I stitched the patterned paper to the pink cardstock. I heat embossed the lovely frame with clear and then heat embossed the sentiment with white.

I die cut and rolled the flowers with coordinating papers, making one a bit larger than the other. Added a few leaves.

I then added a couple of rhinestone swirls that I sorta regret. They're not terrible, they just don't add anything.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Raspberry Fizz (both Papertrey Ink)
  • Patterned Paper: Funky Town (Papertrey Ink)
  • Stamps: Very Vintage Labels No. 2 and Fancy Phrases (both Waltzingmouse Stamps)
  • Ink: Versamark (Tsukineko)
  • Dies: Labels 2 (Spellbinders), Rolled Flower (My Favorite Things), Sending You leaves (Papertrey Ink)
  • Other Tools: rhinestone swirls (Recollections), sewing machine/thread, pink and blue rhinestones (dollar store), clear/white embossing powder (Filigree)

12 comments:

Karen B. said...

This is just so pretty! Your rolled roses are a mighty fine and feminine touch. Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays this week!

{Lynn - that's me!} said...

Cute, cute, cute. Love your rolled flowers and how adorable they are in these patterned papers. Great job with this week's Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge...thanks for playing along.

Karen M said...

Absolutely adorable! Those little roses are so fab!

Shirley said...

I love those roses and the colors and design for the whole card is just wonderful, lady!!

Sabrina said...

You're getting quite good at making those rolled flowers! I love the Polk-a-dots with the plaid - great combo!

Kelly S. said...

So fresh and fun in those colors! Love the rolled roses, so adorable with the stamped frame!

Debgem said...

Such a bright and cheerful card - I do like those papers. Pretty rolled roses and lovely frame! Fab!

Michele Gross said...

Very pretty and your rolled roses look awesome done with pattern paper :) Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Gerdine said...

Gorgeous!! The colours are great!

Ruza's Craft Corner said...

Gorgeous card! I love the PP in the background and in your roses! ;o)

Laura Davis said...

Stunning, I love the roses!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

kasia c. said...

I love the look of that frame embossed on the nestie die cut. Also, love the stitching! I always forget to use it! :)