Waltzingmouse Sketch and CAS-ual Fridays: Embossing

This card started out as this project but was set aside as other ideas took over. I turned it into this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch. It's supposed to be a layout sketch rather than a card sketch, but I preferred it and so adapted it. Only one or 2 liberties have been taken!  ;)

It also works wonderfully well for this week's CAS-ual Friday challenge: embossing. I used heat embossing a couple of times on this. Such a fun challenge that I don't doubt I'll be back for more!


I am loving these Funky Town papers!  ;)

After die cutting a frame with Spellbinders Labels 2, I stitched the patterned paper to the pink cardstock. I heat embossed the lovely frame with clear and then heat embossed the sentiment with white.

I die cut and rolled the flowers with coordinating papers, making one a bit larger than the other. Added a few leaves.

I then added a couple of rhinestone swirls that I sorta regret. They're not terrible, they just don't add anything.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Raspberry Fizz (both Papertrey Ink)
  • Patterned Paper: Funky Town (Papertrey Ink)
  • Stamps: Very Vintage Labels No. 2 and Fancy Phrases (both Waltzingmouse Stamps)
  • Ink: Versamark (Tsukineko)
  • Dies: Labels 2 (Spellbinders), Rolled Flower (My Favorite Things), Sending You leaves (Papertrey Ink)
  • Other Tools: rhinestone swirls (Recollections), sewing machine/thread, pink and blue rhinestones (dollar store), clear/white embossing powder (Filigree)

12 comments:

Karen B. said...

This is just so pretty! Your rolled roses are a mighty fine and feminine touch. Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Cute, cute, cute. Love your rolled flowers and how adorable they are in these patterned papers. Great job with this week's Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge...thanks for playing along.

Karen M said...

Absolutely adorable! Those little roses are so fab!

Shirley said...

I love those roses and the colors and design for the whole card is just wonderful, lady!!

Sabrina said...

You're getting quite good at making those rolled flowers! I love the Polk-a-dots with the plaid - great combo!

Kelly S. said...

So fresh and fun in those colors! Love the rolled roses, so adorable with the stamped frame!

Deborah Frings said...

Such a bright and cheerful card - I do like those papers. Pretty rolled roses and lovely frame! Fab!

Michele Gross said...

Very pretty and your rolled roses look awesome done with pattern paper :) Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Gerdine said...

Gorgeous!! The colours are great!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! I love the PP in the background and in your roses! ;o)

Laura Davis said...

Stunning, I love the roses!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

kasia c. said...

I love the look of that frame embossed on the nestie die cut. Also, love the stitching! I always forget to use it! :)