Another Granddaughter's Birthday


This card is for my oldest granddaughter who is turning 9! I can't believe it!

I wanted to create something girly, airy with a little sophistication. The material that immediately came to mind was Velum. I had some blue and white velum flowers and scraps left over from a previous project a while back, and knew that was the medium I needed to accomplish my goal.

My only concern was how could I cover the dimensional tape I planned to use for the blue velum background, since it would show through a little. That's when pearls came to mind. However, I still haven't come across my pearls yet since the move; but, I did have liquid pearls!

So, I heat embossed the "birthday wishes" with silver embossing powder and then popped up the blue velum background, and applied the silver liquid pearls. I then used a blue sparkly Spica pen around the edges of the larger blue die cut flowers and then glued all the flowers on. Hopefully this will appeal to my young granddaughter that is growing up so fast. Happy birthday, Savanna!






1 comment:

Lynn said...

Sabrina, This is absolute gorgeous! I love all the flowers and the perfect pearls make it so feminine!