4-Year-Old Birthday Party

Remember these invitations?

That party has finally come and gone. :D

As usual, I left everything until the night before and so it was a bit stressful! ;)

There were a couple of things I wanted to share from it, though.

I made these cute little "streamer wands," as I call them.


I had double these before the party but forgot to take a picture. These were the only ones I could salvage for a photo and they look a little used!  ;)  It was definitely a hit!

I had some dowling that I had purchased for a ribbon storage unit in mind but never got around to it. I chopped it into 8 pieces, sanded the chopped ends, put some 1/2" Scor-tape on the end, stuck on strips of crepe paper, added more Scor-tape and crepe paper, then added more Scor-tape and some ribbon (Papertrey Ink's Pure Poppy Swiss Dot).

Here are the goody bags that my 4-year-old helped me make:


It was quite a simple project, using kraft lunch bags and my Grand Big Scalloped Circles Spellbinders for the topper (I scored 2 parallel lines down the center to fold over the top of bag). My little gal did most of the ladybug stamping. Then she, my almost-6-year-old son and I did the coloring. The sentiment on the topper is Paper Smooches and fit the bill perfectly!! The pinwheels came in a package from the dollar store.

Thanks for stopping by!


{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
  • Stamps: ladybugs (______), Pretty Phrases (Paper Smooches)
  • Ink: Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink), Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
  • Dies: Grand Big Scalloped Circles (Spellbinders)
  • Other Tools: pinwheels and kraft lunch bags (dollar store)

No comments: