Now For My Only Grandson's Birthday

I have 6 grandchildren and only one of them is a boy! He's turning 6! How the time flies, and how much I miss being close to him since I've left Calgary. Here is the card that I created for him.


I have to confess that at the time I created this card I hadn't yet unpacked all of my craft supplies, which limited a little what I could make for him. I used liquid gold pearls around the border and for the eyes of the dragon flies that I punched out. I then used a gold gel pen to draw some details on both sides so that when the wings are bent up a bit you can see the details on the underside as well. I realize that the bear button is a little out of place, but it was the only button that was the colour I wanted.

I tried something different with the string. I wondered if it would curl if I wrapped it around the end of a paintbrush. was I surprised when it actually worked!

Thanks for stopping by today.


1 comment:

Laurie said...

This is adorable! I love that liquid pearls border! so fun!