Desk Top Set - Desk Top Receipt File



-Sometimes it's hard to find a good desk top set that isn't the usual, black, brown or silver. You can make your own and make it any colour or style you want!


And here you can see the boxes opened.


This set includes a receipt and mail file, a pen & pencil box with magnetic closure, a scrap paper note keeper, and a dual holder for either post-it-notes or a small paper pad.

The collection used is from the past Upsy Daisy company titled 'Enchantment'. A lovely line of papers. I've used it before in a masculine vintage layout, and would love to make a feminine layout using the same papers, but not sure if there will be enough left after this project.

I'm going to split this project up into 3 or 4 posts so that this isn't so long. Each box in this set is constructed from scratch using medium weight chipboard. So let's begin with the desk top quick receipt and mail file.



You can label the tabs as you wish. I labeled mine Debit Receipts, Credit Card Receipts, Transportation Receipts (I use the bus so this is handy for me), Medical/Dental Receipts, & Work Expenses. I'm sure this will take my piles of receipts everywhere and keep them handy in one place. Long overdue since I've moved to Victoria.

I used this wonderful Tab punch from We Are Memory Keepers for all of the tabs on the file folders I made. They have 3 others - index, circle, & bracket tabs.



in the making of this box I covered the inside with the very pale lavender and the outside has the same patterned paper 3 sides and bottom, with the accent paper on the front. You can see a little of the other paper in this next photo.


This is the inside of the file box without all the files in it.


Here are what the files look like.


All but the 'Mail' divider are file folders with an accordion fold at the bottom to allow widening at the base.




Thank you for stopping by to see the first piece in this series of the desk set. Tomorrow I'll post the 'Scrap Paper Note Keeper' so check in again for the net few days to see the rest of this desk top set.

Happy Crafting everyone!








No comments: