Paper Piecing With Julie Dinn!

-Taking more classes with Julie so I can get some cards made for my Grand-daughters...oh, and learn something too!

I've done some paper piecing in the past, but wow!, I learned a few new things from Julie. Wish you were all here and able to take these classes at Scrapbook Parade, too. I don't have photos of the pieces we cut out before putting it all together because I was in a class, but I hope to do that in the future for some of my own paper piecing projects.

These are the cute cards we made in class, but please don't laugh at my colouring. I haven't had the skin and hair colouring classes yet. But my grand-daughters won't know the difference.


We even cut out the little hair elastics and the little flower on her shirt! It was worth it. You can't tell in the photo to well that her shirt is hanging over her pants and is not glued down but loose. I love the Die-Namics daisy!

Julie likes to beautify the insides of her cards, so we did that as well.



The paper piecing of this little girl has 4 layers! And it looks so good in real life.


Love the colours on this card. The challenge with this paper piecing project was the arms and hands. We coloured and cut out an extra set of arms with hands that went under the dress at the top, but in front of the dress at the hands. What a big difference that tip makes in the appearance! Thanks Julie.


I hope we'll have more paper piecing classes with Julie. There is always something to learn out there, isn't there?






No comments: