'Tis the Season

Again, sorry for the picture quality.

I had to redo this card several times but for different reasons.

First, I have to say that I DO NOT recommend the Martha Stewart Circle Cutter. I was SUPER excited to get this product but was tragically disappointed in it. I had my paper taped down over a cutting surface, just as the YouTube video indicated, and held the frame firmly in place but the circle cutter kept moving on me or the spinning part in the middle would suddenly become impossible to move with the cutter. (Not to mention that I sliced three fingers trying to get the safety cap off the blade even though I had taken pains to be careful!) I had to redo circles over and over. This tool has resigned me to Cricut circles.

Anyway, the Christmas tree stamp I used is from Papertrey Ink's Tree Trimming Trio. I'm in love, as you may have discovered, with Papertrey Ink stamp sets! It was stamped on a 4 1/4" circle of DCWV Christmas paper using a Memento Dewdrop in Bamboo Leaves. This circle was inked a bit around the edge and then pop-dotted (3D foam dots) over a brown 4 3/8" circle that had the edges distressed by the Tim Holtz tool here. It's a very subtle effect (the 2 circles) and I'm still deciding if I like it or not.

I can't remember the brand of brads I used for the tree ornaments... I put all my brad's into storage receptacles.

The card was inked around the exterior before I placed the circles, sentiment and bow on it.

No comments: