Vintage (sort of) Merry Christmas

I'm not sure if one of these pics is better than the other...

I wanted to play with my very first bunch of Core'dinations cardstock. I got the Ebony & Ivory set, which includes Black Magic, Whitewash and Core Essentials paper, as well as Sugar & Spice, which includes Chocolate, Vintage and Core Essentials paper.

I started by embossing some Black Magic with one of the Winter Borders Cuttlebug folders. I sanded it to show the white through, attempting to give it a nighttime winter scene appearance.

I then used some red Core Essentials, ripping one side and embossing it with a different border. Unfortunately, I embossed the wrong side, so I flipped it over and had to re-rip it, taking it quite close to the image. Oh well. It still sanded fine on the opposite side.

I then stamped and embossed the Merry Christmas after rubbing one of those bags that takes away the static. I usually forget to do this but boy, it really makes a difference. I used Detail Black embossing powder from Stampendous and it did an amazing job at keeping the very fine detail of the stamp.

The interior was stamped with Enjoy the Season or Enjoy the Holiday but didn't warrant a picture.

The final touch was the berry branch and pine cone stickers. They're Martha Stewart and were too gorgeous to pass over at Michaels.

YOU CAN REPRODUCE THE BERRY BRANCH STICKER!!

You can use a branch stamp, if you have one, or cut out a branch on the Cricut. Potential cartridges include Winter Woodlands or Home Decor. Then you can either use Stickles to make the berries or use a VersaMark pen and red tinsel embossing powder. The final touch is to use Glossy Accents (liquid glass) or UTEE (see here for a demo) on only a few of the berries.

No comments: