Celebrate Today

A masculine birthday card, could be considered juvenile but doesn't have to be.


I decided to do an unusually designed card. It's an A7 size with a 1-1/8" section cut off of the front. The sentiment label overhangs the front of the card.

I used Spellbinders Labels One (die cut and embossed) to achieve my layers of Dark Chocolate and Kraft. Keeping the stencil on the DC layer, I used my paper piercer to poke little holes around the outside. My mom thinks this made it look like leather. The border on the Kraft is from PTI's Vintage Labels in Dark Chocolate ink, the sentiment (clear embossed over Ripe Avocado ink) is from Mega Mixed Messages and the little watermark flourishes are from Faux Ribbon. The entire concoction is popped up over the front of the card.

The card is made from Simply Chartreuse cardstock. The Bitty Box Basics paper is matted with Ripe Avocado cardstock and are both distressed with Tim Holtz's paper distresser but, unfortunately, it isn't very noticeable with only a 1/16th of an inch border. Next time, I'll use 1/8th of an inch or so.

I stamped some stars from Star Prints on the Bitty Box paper using Vintage Cream and stamping it once on scrap paper first for a more subtle effect.
The sentiment on the interior is from Father Knows Best. After taking this picture, I realized that I should have watermarked the star from the front of the card over/under the sentiment and that is my intention. Kind of ties the front to the interior a bit more.

Hope you enjoyed!

{Supplies -- all from PTI unless otherwise specified}
  • Cardstock: Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate, Kraft
  • Patterned Paper: Bitty Box Basics
  • Stamps: Mega Mixed Messages, Vintage Labels, Faux Ribbon, Star Prints, Father Knows Best
  • Ink: Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream, VersaMark watermark ink
  • Other Tools: Spellbinders Labels One, paper piercer, paper distresser

No comments: