Feel Better Soon

Don't forget to check out ATC's first Glimmer Challenge here!


Another card with a specific order in mind: a feminine get well card. This paper just exudes happiness and well-being and I was very anxious to use it. A couple of mistakes on this card make me cringe but the idea is certainly cheery.

The focal point was made using PTI's Mat Stack 2 die, my first time using it. I kept seeing the ends punched out, as I did, and ribbon running through it. The circle in the center is Spring Moss stamped with Polka Dot Basics II, another first use. I first tried using VersaMagic Cloud White ink, but couldn't see it on there! Then I tried Brilliance Moonlight White and it still wasn't showing up very well. So I made sure to really ink the stamp well and it showed up a bit better. I can't wait to try my new Fresh Snow ink! The reason I didn't want to use Bitty Dot Basics patterned paper is because I felt the dots were too far apart for my project. The flower is Vintage Cream felt cut out with the Beautiful Blooms II #3 die. The buttons are Orange Zest and Lemon Tart, tied through with white embroidery floss. This whole ensemble is popped up with dimensional tape, pulling the ribbon (Orange Zest Bitty Dot) up from the card.


The interior shows a few interesting things that I wanted to point out. First, every time I use my Lemon Tart ink, I need to reink it! You can see the beautiful richness of the largest daisy in the upper left corner. That's because I'd freshly inked the inker. The 2nd flower, in the lower right corner, is slightly less vibrant and the final, smallest flower is nearly transparent! It's a quality issue, I'm guessing, but since I figure the majority of Lemon Tart inks are this way (from Forum reading), I just keep using my reinker. Second, my Spring Moss ink is gray!! This ink I am not satisfied with in the least and plan to return. Hopefully, they'll have another in stock to exchange, otherwise, I'm out of luck until their new inks come out (hopefully in October of this year). Incidentally, the Orange Zest ink worked wonderfully. :)

The custom envelope insert (1st photo) is Orange Zest cardstock stamped with Beautiful Blooms II in Versamark Dazzle: Frost.

{Supplies -- all PTI unless otherwise noted)}
  • Cardstock: Stamper's Select, Lemon Tart, Spring Moss
  • Patterned Paper: Egg Hunt
  • Stamps: Beautiful Blooms II, Polka Dot Basics II, Asian Fusion (sentiment)
  • Ink: Orange Zest, Lemon Tart, Spring Moss, Brilliance Moonlight White
  • Ribbon: Orange Zest Bitty Dot
  • Buttons: Orange Zest, Lemon Tart
  • Felt: Vintage Cream
  • Dies: Mat Stack 2, Beautiful Blooms II #3
  • Other tools: white embroidery floss, Making Memories Slot Punching tool

No comments: