Glimmer Challenge 1 - Inspiration #4

Hope that you are having fun coming up with your designs for this challenge. We are eagerly watching for the new entries submitted, and are having fun discussing all the entries, and seeing how creative you all are. If you are new to this blog this is about our first challenge. See challenge guidelines here.

This is Inspiration #4:


This is the first time I actually used a sewing machine on a card creation. All my previous posts with stitching are faux stitching. On this card I used a technique as demonstrated by Gina K. where an image goes beyond the Spellbinders frame. This was my first try and I goofed it up a little. But I am eager to try this technique again - and get it right.


If you look closely (click on image to enlarge) you can see the image from the paper pattern that I cut out so that it would extend out passed the borders of the circle Spellbinders die.


You can see here the layers that I popped up from this view of the card. This card is a bit thick and heavy to mail to someone, but I do love layers and dimension.

Look forward to seeing more of your work. Have fun designing!

 Supplies and Tools

Paper - We R Memory Keepers - Little Bird
            - PTI - Lemon Tart, Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, Spring Moss
            - Unknown - Mid blue range

Ink - VersaFine - Vintage Sepia

Spellbinders - Standard Circles

Stamps - The Stamps of Life - Thanks 2 You set #7

5/8" ribbon
rhinestone jewels

1 comment:

Michele Kovack said...

What a pretty card! Love the soft pretty colors and your layering!