Hey There - Glimmer Challenge 1

I am so excited that we are designing and presenting our first blog challenge!!! I hope our followers and readers will have as much fun participating in our challenge, as we did in putting this together for you. When it came to designing and preparing inspirational cards for you to view, I found it so much more challenging than when participating in someone else's challenge. I had so many ideas floating around in my head that it presented me with the dilemma of which ones to create.
Here is the one that I and my daughter liked the best. Of course, we have to start with  the best one. Right?

You will note that with this card I chose to ink the edges which darkened the colors in comparison to the colors I chose for this challenge. But I love how this card turned out.


No, I did not make these little flowers. These where purchased nearly a year ago from Fabricland. I quite often make my flowers from paper or ribbon, but not this time.  The leaves were punched from three variations of the green color with Martha Stewart's leaf punch.

In this next close-up you can better see the Spellbinders Impressabilities Flourish pattern that I embossed into the Lemon Tart paper oval (cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities - Mega Ovals).



The card measures 9"w x 4"H so that it can fit into a standard business envelope.

These are the supplies and tools that I used for this design -

Paper - My Minds Eye - Little Miss Muffet/Isn't She Lovely
           - PTI - Lemon Tart & Hibiscus Burst
           - Unknown - mid blue color & mossy green
Ink - VersaFine - Vintage Sepia
Stamps - PTI - Big & Bold Wishes
Spellbinders - Impressabilities - Flourish and Nestabilities - Mega Ovals
Punch - Marhta Stewart
Flower Embellishments - ribbon/pearl flowers - Fabricland

Over the period of the challenge, I will be posting the rest of my designs for further inspiration. I look forward to seeing your creative designs for this challenge. Have fun everyone!

2 comments:

Marge said...

Found your challenge blog from Ted's! Excited to have a new challenge to play along with!!! Your card is sooo beautiful!!!

Ted said...

Sabrina, this is stunning. I love the vintage look of this card... the muted colors is perfect to accompany those dainty pink flowers. :) Just gorgeous!