Thank You For Your Generosity


This week's CAS-tastic challenge asks us to use 3 of the following: stamped (or printed) image, inked edges, masking, paper piercing, lace and/or embossing. This card has a stamped image (does sentiment count?), inked edges, stenciling (does that count as masking?), lace and embossing! That's all but the paper piercing and it was quite by fluke that this card meets the requirements. ;) I found out about this challenge from Ted's blog. :)

We've recently returned from an annual boating trip we take with my in-law's in-laws. I always make it a point to show my appreciation by sending a card (and helping, as much as I can with 3 little ones, clean up after the masses). I made this card with said little ones crawling all over me so I'm a little disappointed that the focal elements ended up crooked.

My goal with this card was to finally use two embellishments I'd yet to break out: my dollar store lace and my Dark Chocolate felt. I have issues with the felt... It's not a very good match to the "PerfectMatch" cardstock. But whatever.

The card is the size of a standard letter envelope and is made with Rustic Cream cardstock. That means it has little flecks of fibre in it, perfect for a country/vintage card. The strip of brown is Dark Chocolate cardstock imprinted with the Tin Types impression plate. I thought the one side really went well with the Library Ledger patterned paper I used.

I used several Spellbinders for the focal piece: the largest possible Long Scalloped Rectangle (Ocean Tides cardstock), the largest Long Rectangles (from the small--Library Ledger patterned paper--and large--Rustic Cream--sets) and a Classic Oval (can't recall whether from the small or large set as I played around with both to find a good size). Each layer is popped up over each other with the bottom scalloped rectangle lying flush on the card.


I did plenty of ink distressing on this card using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo. On the middle layer, I used a bit of Ocean Tides ink as well since I felt there was too much brown. Can't really tell anyway.

The sentiment, from Signature Greetings, is also in Ocean Tides ink and heat embossed with clear powder.


The little embellishment was made using the same idea my mom came up with on this card of mine. The lace is weaved through the holes of the Eyelet Lace Border die-cut Dark Chocolate felt and laid down behind it. The Ocean Tides button is tied through with Vintage Cream Button Twine and adhered between the felt/lace embelly and the sentiment.

I hope they like it!

{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Rustic Cream, Ocean Tides, Dark Chocolate
  • Patterned Paper: Library Ledger
  • Stamps: Signature Greetings
  • Ink: Ocean Tides, Vintage Photo Tim Holtz Distress Ink
  • Embellishments: Ocean Tides button, Rustic Cream button twine, Dark Chocolate felt, lace (dollar store)
  • Dies, etc.: Spellbinders: Long Scalloped Rectangles, Long Rectangles, Classic Oval; Tin Types impression plate

5 comments:

Ted said...

Dana, I love this card... those colors are gorgeous together... a very "home"sy type feel and rustic. Absolutely beautiful! :)

Sabrina said...

Dana, You did a beautiful job on this card, and I agree with what Ted had to say, it is a great card!

Karen B. said...

Such a wonderfully beautiful and almost soothing card. I really can appreciate the details that you put into it to make it fabulous.

Karen B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Beautiful and very elegant, love it xxx