Color Cue {5} Challenge

I was, once again, too late by several minutes to enter my card for this Color Cue Challenge.
Regardless, here it is! I needed a bday card for my father-in-law STAT and so tried to kill 2 birds with one stone on this.


I kind of made this one up as I went along. The strip of "road" is from PTI's Library Ledger paper, a good application if I've ever invented one! The "grass" is Simply Chartreuse cardstock, finely cut along each side. The car is stamped on Vintage Cream cardstock with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and then inked with Aqua Mist. I "vintaged" the car with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The car is popped up as well as the license plate and sentiment (Orange Zest ink).

I really love that each button was tied in a different way!

{Supplies--all PTI unless otherwise noted}
  • Cardstock: Dark Chocolate, Simply Chartreuse, Vintage Cream
  • Patterned Paper: Library Ledger
  • Stamps: Enjoy the Ride
  • Ink: Orange Zest, Aqua Mist, Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Memento Rich Cocoa
  • Dies: Enjoy the Ride
  • Buttons: Dark Chocolate, Orange Zest, Aqua Mist
  • Fibers: Vintage Jute Twine
Addendum: After publishing this picture, I realized that I'd forgotten the Inkssentials Crackle Accents I'd intended to put on the headlights. I did so but have not taken a picture.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

I love the vintage look you gave the car. Nice job.