On Your Wedding Day


I made this card for my sister-in-law's brother-in-law who is getting married the end of this month. I'm so ecstatic for him!

Inspired by Nichole's 2nd card here, I went for simple. I used white shimmer cardstock for the card base and sentiment to make it a little more formal. I had meant to run the top cardstock (Aqua Mist) through my Cuttlebug with the Linen side of the Linen & Canvas impression plate but forgot by the time I'd completed the stamping! Oh well...

I did some masking with this project and was a little disappointed in my result. I masked the large rose image by stamping it on a piece of scrap paper and then placing it in position on the Aqua Mist cardstock. I then stamped the rose bud and leaf images, removed the mask and stamped the rose. I didn't quite align it properly. This was done in Versamark Dazzle: Frost ink to give it a bit of sparkle.

For the bottom right corner of the card, I actually taped off the largest rose petals (perimeter) before inking so that it would appear to be a smaller rose once I stamped it. Why did I bother to go through all that effort when you can't even tell?! Again, oh well.

The sentiment piece was die cut and embossed using Spellbinders Long Deckled Rectangles. The sentiment was stamped with Ocean Tides ink. The ribbon tab was done with a strip of 1/8" silk ribbon over Ocean Tides satin ribbon. I love it!



I found this sentiment from PTI's exclusive 2009 anniversary stamp set, Round & Round, to be just perfect for a new couple.

{Supplies--all PTI unless noted}
  • Cardstock: white shimmer, Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist
  • Patterned Paper: 2008 Bitty Dot Basics
  • Stamps: Year of Flowers: Roses, Round & Round
  • Ink: Ocean Tides, Versamark Dazzle: Frost
  • Ribbon: Ocean Tides satin, white silk
  • Other Tools: Spellbinders Long Deckled Rectangles (sm), A2 Envelope Liner die

1 comment:

Merry said...

What beautiful colours and layout. I think these even better in real life. I just wanted to say congrats on making the Stamping Vacation DT I was lucky enough to make it too and thought this was a great excuse to visit more wonderful blogs.