Lemon-Dill Carrot Salad

Yesterday, I had my daughter and her three children over for dinner. I didn't have the makings for a nice green salad or a whole lot of vegetables to go with the pizzas I made. I did have lots of carrots, some sweet canned corn, onions, mayonnaise, sour cream, and herbs and spices. So I made a salad of sorts, and the leftovers I sent home with Dana. She called me this morning and left a message saying that the salad was so good, that I had to include it on our blog.

I guess since the making of this salad was very much a creative effort, it does fall under the category of creativity. This is what I remember doing (and these measurements are approximate because I just poured everything in)-

8 large carrots - peeled and shredded
1 can sweet corn drained
4 Tbsp very finely chopped onion ( I would have preferred 1 or 2 green onions not so finely chopped)
5 strips crispy bacon, chopped

In a separate small bowl or a large mug mix together -

1/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp vinegar
2 tsp sugar
4 Tbsp sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 & 1/2 tsp dill
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp pepper - or to taste

Mix together well, pour as much as you want over salad mixture, and toss well.

Sorry, there is no photo to post along with the recipe. Feel free to experiment and improve upon this. As I said, I just threw stuff together and hadn't measured, so this is a guess as to how much of it all I put together. I'd be happy to hear from you how it turned out for you and what changes you made to it. Have a great weekend.
_________________________________________________________

I just found a photo online that closely resembles mine but without the corn. Oops, I forgot the link!


Here it is! I found it again. Who knows, this recipe may be even better.It just doesn't have the corn, and the salad dressing is a little different. I'll have to try it and see for myself. I guess I wasn't the only one who thought of lemon and dill with carrots.

No comments: