Quilted Wedding Wishes

I actually have a lot of fun stitching on cards. So when a coworker asked if I could match a card to a quilt she had made for a wedding present, I asked her to bring me some scraps.

Here is the quilt:


The pattern on there is a Gordian Knot.

Here is my card:


The pattern on there is NOT a Gordian Knot... It is, after all, only a card and I'm really "knot" that accomplished... lol

Okay, so it isn't perfect, but you should have seen the first attempt! Actually, only decomposition is gonna see that attempt.

My mom helped me out by doing the majority of the stitching on this one. I loosely adhered the fabric squares on a white mat and we went to work using gray thread. I mounted the "quilt" to a black mat and then onto the gray card.

I stamped the sentiment using Versamark on black cardstock, heat embossed with white powder and then cut out around the words and flourishes. If you click on the photo, you can see that I outlined the letters and flourishes with my Sakura Stardust gel pen. I'm not sure if this is too distracting or not... Perhaps I should have left the letters alone. It's popped up using dimensional adhesives.

I also used the stardust pen around the edge of the black mat.


The sentiment on the interior of the card is from Quilter's Sampler. I knew those stamp sets would come in handy!! I actually got them with this co-worker in mind!

{Supplies--all PTI unless noted}
  • Cardstock: True Black, Stamper's Select, generic gray (Smokey Shadow was too dark)
  • Stamps: Flourish Greetings (My Sentiments Exactly!), Quilter's Sampler
  • Ink: Versamark, Memento Dewdrop Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
  • Other tools: white embossing powder (Filigree from PTI), sewing machine/gray thread, Sakura Stardust gel pen

1 comment:

Jill said...

Wow, what a great idea, Dana! Your coworker is going to love this inspired card--it's lovely and a great match to the quilt!