Happy 55th Anniversary!

A co-worker's parents were celebrating their anniversary this weekend which gave me last night! to make the card. Since I was making this card first to try and make a deadline, I didn't get to this one until rather late and the evidence of my fatigue bothers me immensely. :(


Don't get me wrong, there are great things about this card... That ribbon through the felt Eyelet Lace Border is the genius of my mother!

The "55" is too off balance. My intention, when I had drawn my sketch (a miracle), was to have it kind of going off the card. Well, I adhered it before even standing back to gauge the effect and I'm very disappointed. (I also forgot to line the card since it's a dark color...)

I liked the idea of this card but am not sure I like the Smokey Shadow on Smokey Shadow. My mom thought the overall card was too dark but I'm not sure whether I agree or not.

Before placing the elements on the card, I stamped flourishes with Versamark Dazzle ink in Frost, which gives it a shimmery effect. The bottom element is stamped with text from Background Basics: Hearts. I find it exceedingly difficult to stamp backgrounds! Any tips out there? Guess practice makes perfect. I then used ink blending foam to get those soft white edges. I laced the ribbon through the felt "eyelet lace" and then adhered the entire embellishment to the top, wrapping the ends of the ribbon around back.

Before popping this up on the card, I adhered the top element, corner-rounded white Shimmer cardstock.

I stamped the sentiment and added the black "rhinestones."

The "55" piece is stamped on the Shimmer cardstock. Using a glue pen, I kind of colored in the numbers and then sprinkled glitter onto it. The circle was then adhered to the black felt backing and, lamentably, placed hastily on the card.

I forgot to do anything on the interior.

{Supplies--all PTI unless otherwise noted}
  • Cardstock: Smokey Shadow, White Shimmer
  • Stamps: Background Basics: Hearts (text), Damask Designs (sentiment), Outlines Alphabet, Fancy Flourishes
  • Ink: Ocean Tides (sentiment, 55), Memento Tuxedo Black (text), Versamark Dazzle: Frost, Versamagic Cloud White
  • Ribbon: Ocean Tides Satin
  • Felt: True Black
  • Dies: Eyelet Lace Border, Spellbinders Circles (sm), Spellbinders Inverted Scalloped Circles (sm)
  • Other tools: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper (1/2"), Martha Stewart glitter: Hematite, black "rhinestones" (dollar store)

No comments: