Happy Birthday, Claire!

I think I should have done a horizontal card instead of vertical. The layout looks a little forced or something.

Anyway, Claire is my sister's daughter. She's a mere month older than my eldest daughter and so it's rather heartbreaking to me that they live so far apart. I would have liked for them to be close. Proximity doesn't have to matter, I suppose. After all, my husband and his siblings were close with their cousins in the US.

I digress.

This card was my 1st use of my new Lawn Fawn set Bake Me a Cake. It is my tradition to use the strings that are used to tie the order together on the first card I use the set(s) with. I am quite pleased with how clever I was, tee hee!

I used the cupcake wrappers as a sort of "button bits" stamp (PTI reference). I used Melon Berry buttons to zing up my Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores card with only a hint of New Leaf in the "journaling tag" (Green Boutique paper) and green yarn.

I must draw attention to my first time using Copics to do some stamp shading in each of the cupcake wrappers and under the cake tray. :D

Here is the front of the envelope for the darling 3-year-old to-be:


I used a chisel glue pen inside each of the Outlines Alphabet letters and sprinkled Prisma glitter to give her a nice sparkly surprise.

{Supplies--all PTI unless otherwise noted}
  • Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Stamper's Select
  • Patterned Paper: Green Boutique
  • Stamps: Bake Me a Cake (Lawn Fawn), Outlines Alphabet
  • Ink: Hawaiian Shores, Brilliance Dewdrop Lightning Black, Memento Dewdrop Tuxedo Black, Melon Berry
  • Buttons: Melon Berry
  • Fibers: blue-green twine/green yarn (Lawn Fawn) ;)
  • Other tools: Spellbinders Inverted Scalloped Circles (small), Copics: B00 and W1, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, A2 Envelope Liner die, Prisma glitter

1 comment:

Eva Elliott said...

Thanks Dana, Claire always love having "mail" to open. Although the envelope is no more the card is in her memory box.