Happily Ever Crafter's Challenge #8: Thank You =)

This card was done with the colors from Ted's Happily Ever Challenged #8 - Old Glory in mind. The red, white and blue are, of course, in honor of the US flag around this year's Independence Day. Thanks for welcoming non-Americans to participate!


I had kept that bit of red plastic mesh packaging on the off chance it would make a good card embellishment. I love it! Good thing I have plenty of it left! I think it was from a dollar store toy or something. You never know what may come in handy!

I started with an A7 white card base (Recollections brand from Michaels). I did a zigzag stitch on some Enchanted Evening cardstock (quite pleased with this!) and then die cut the Dandelion square out (Cuttlebug). I die cut the same die using Pure Poppy cardstock and stamped my sentiment. This is the 2nd time I've used this cute little stamp from Lawn Fawn. ;) It was a free gift with purchase. Then I tied the mesh around the blue mat and tied a white (maybe kinda creamy? Sorry, Ted!) button on with white embroidery floss. I left the ends of the floss kind of long-ish and then pulled the strands apart for a kind of neat effect.

Both the blue mat and the red flower are popped up off of the white.

This card is for my sis-in-law and her husband who hosted our recent boating excursion. A lot of sacrifice and hard work! Love you guys!

{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy, white card base/envelope (Recollections)
  • Stamps: thank you ;) (Lawn Fawn)
  • Ink: Fresh Snow (this was my first time using it and it's MARVELOUS!)
  • Fibres: red plastic mesh "packaging" (dollar store), embroidery thread (from Michaels)
  • Button: White & Cream assortment
  • Other tools: Dandelion die (Cuttlebug - Provocraft), sewing machine

2 comments:

Ted said...

Wow, Dana...that red mesh is a lot of fun on this card and I especially appreciate how you made the red focal sentiment "POP!" :) Thanks for playing along with my HEC! :)

Stela James said...

What a creative thing you have made.
Really crafting is a nice art.

work from home