Happy Happy Birthday to My Baby Sister


My baby sister is a welder! I wanted a card that somewhat reflected her personality and while I think it's missing something, this card is pretty close!


I combined black, purple, vibrant teal-blue, kraft and, of course, the foil. The diamond plate pattern is from a Cuttlebug folder and kinda got squashed in transit (these last 2 pics were taken by the birthday girl herself!). The ribbon tabs are flattened as well. Oh well. Those tabs are my favorite part of this card, along with the screw brads! It's hard to tell from the pic but the sentiment is clear heat embossed and that's why it's darker than the border.


{Supplies--all PTI unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Plum Pudding, Kraft, A7 cardbase is Recollections brand from Michaels
  • Stamps: Fillable Frames #1
  • Ink: Hawaiian Shores
  • Ribbon: Plum Pudding Swiss Dot, Hawaiian Shores Bitty Dot
  • Other tools: Diamond Plate Cuttlebug folder (Provocraft), Fillable Frames #1 die, Upper Crest border punch (Fiskars), Copic Multiliner pen (black border), white gel pen ("stitched" border), screw brads (Recollections brand? from Michaels)

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Wow, such a unique card! Love the embossed metal sheet. I bet she will love it!

Stela James said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laurie said...

What a fun card! I love it! I bet your sister will love it!

Marge said...

LOVE your teal/purple color scheme here! Isn't that just such a fun EF and pefect with the metal!!!

Eva Elliott said...

Bean did love it. She was very touched that Dana went though that much thought for her.
(From Danas other Sister :)