Inspiration #3 & A New Technique

See ATC Glimmer Challenge 1 information here. Hope you are having fun working on your entries!

You know, when I started creating designs for this, our first challenge, I had so many ideas for it come to mind, that if I had had the time I probably could have posted an inspirational card for you every day. But there are other things that need doing.

Today's design is a darker based one using PTI's Dark Chocolate.


This is a new technique - at least for me it is. It's the first time I've done this. Using  Hero Arts Cling Large Flower stamp and Memento Rosebud ink, I stamped and heat embossed the image with clear powder onto the yellow. I then took the Rosebud ink and Versa Magic Key Lime ink, and patted it onto my non-stick mat. I patted the Rosebud just a little in the center, and the Key Lime around this - very carefully as to not touch the other ink. Then using .water in a mini-mister I sprayed water gently a couple of times onto the inks. Taking a dry stiff cheap brush, I ran it through to blend the inks a little here and there - Not much. Then I carefully placed the flower, face side down, onto the ink and pressed. I dried it using the heat gun. This makes the paper curl slightly, which is good for the flower. If you want a little more color, repeat this step.Wipe the mat clean.

For the next step you will need to have the Rosebud, Key Lime, and VersaMagic Yellow Straw inks, and a dry bristle brush.


Decide where you would like to add some more color and effects. Then take your dry brush and gather some ink onto the bristles. Gently apply where you wanted using back and forth strokes to rub the ink into the paper. Repeat with each color until satisfied with the effect. I used a clear Spica pen to add a little sparkle in the center. I also used it to trace around the edge of the green and blue papers to give it a little more life. I did a little of the dry brush technique on the butterfly as well.



The butterfly stamp is MSE designed by Tinkering Ink - True Friends. There are two sizes of butterflies with this stamp set. On this card I chose the smaller of the two. I love these butterflies and use them often. The wave sentiment strip of 'Thank You', 'Thanks', 'Thanks so much' is from The Stamps of Life by Stephanie Barnard - Thanks2You set #7. this I inked onto the blue cardstock using VersaMagic Pixie Dust.

Supplies And Tools

Paper - PTI  - Dark Chocolate, Spring Moss, & Lemon Tart
             Unknown mid blue color range
Ink - Memento Rosebud, VersaMagic Key Lime & Pixie Dust
Stmaps - The Stamps of Life by Stephanie Barnard - Thanks2You set #7
              -  MSE designed by Tinkering Ink - True Friends
              - Hero Arts Clings - Large Flower
Fiskars Bracket Border Punch
Light pink rhinestones on the butterfly
Clear Spica pen

No comments: