2S4Y Challenge 62 - Laura's Sketch - Sabrina

This is a very exciting 2S4Y challenge because the winner of Card of the Week will win a spot on the 2 Sketches 4 You design team and a chance to be a part of the great 2S4Y design team! Now who wouldn't want that?!

This is Laura's sketch for Challenge 62. I thought this would be a great Christmas card. I turned the sketch on its side and cut a window into the front. This was a time consuming process in order to line up all five of the layers exactly. Now that I've done it once, it will be easier, and go more quickly, next time I try this.

Here is my entry for Laura's sketch.

Cream and gold are one of my favorite color combinations, yet I rarely use it in creating my cards. When Christmas card time rolls along, however, I usually manage making some.To get a better idea of the construction of this card, this next photo should help.
As you can see, a portion of the face front is actually part of the inside of the card. All three of the snowflakes were stamped with a woodblock snowflake by Inkadinkado using VersaMark and gold embossing powder. On on the upper left corner inside the card and the other two on scraps and then cut with precision scissors.
The gold scallop-like edge was die-cut with Spellbinders Borderbilities Fleur De Lis and the window cut with Classic Rectangle Large (largest one).
You can't tell from the images that the sentiment is actually popped up with two layers of dimensionals.
Well, I had so much fun working on this challenge and trying to do something a little different. Love the sketch Laura! I have a second post for Stacey's sketch which I'm using to make a birthday card for my 3rd of five, my second daughter.

Happy creating!

TOOLS & SUPPLIES

PTI - Vintage Cream, True Black cardstock and unknown Gold Foil cardstock 
Stamp - Inkadinkado
Ink - VersaMark & gold embossing powder
Spellbinders - Borderbilities Fleur De Lis and Classic Rectangles Large
Cuttlebug - Holly Ribbons folder

5 comments:

Karen B. said...

Beautiful, rich, regal and elegant!

Laura Davis said...

Oh wow stunning!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Kristii said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

cnelson said...

This is so GORGEOUS!

Laurie said...

Gorgeous Sabrina! I love the gold embossing!