Stamping Vacation DT: No No Challenge

This month's No No Challenge at Stamping Vacation states that we cannot use a stamped image that starts with the letter "s." Too simple!

I had a Harvest Gold card base with a stamped border that I had already cut out so I chose to use that as my inspiration. I pulled out my unused Year of Flowers: Daffodils stamp set and got set to Copic color!


I die cut and embossed the front window of the card using Big Scalloped Ovals (largest in the small set) and then impressed the front of the card with my Linen & Canvas impression plate (I believe this is the Canvas side). I added some Dark Chocolate grosgrain ribbon and fashioned a sort of flat bow (which I first used here).


The interior of the card:


You can see that there's no where to write... This perplexed me until my mother said they could write on the back of the card. It's also possible to write a tiny note in the left margin... Sometimes less is more. ;) You could also include a separate letter, as my Grandma would encourage!

{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Harvest Gold
  • Patterned Paper (envelope liner): Bitty Box Basics
  • Stamps: Year of Flowers: Daffodils, Vintage Picnic (sentiment), ClearDesign: Scallop Borders (Hero Arts)
  • Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento), Dark Chocolate (border)
  • Ribbon: Dark Chocolate grosgrain
  • Copics: Y21, YR23, YR24, YG93, YG95, YG97, 0, W1
  • Die: Big Scalloped Oval (Spellbinders)

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Gorgeous Dana! I love the window and the coloring on the flower!

Lisa Petrella said...

STUNNING!! Your coloring is beautiful and I love the window and the embossed background!

Thanks for the sweet comments on my card for the DeNami Design Autumn Blog Hop!!

farmhouse-story said...

lovely design and colors!