Stamping Vacation DT: What a Guy Challenge

 This month's What a Guy Challenge at Stamping Vacation invites us to create a masculine card with a pocket on it. I had to consciously keep myself from going for Papertrey Ink's Library Pocket die. I decided to pull up CricutSearch.com to see what gems I might have hidden within my Cricut cartridges. Lo, and behold, Old West had the perfect thing!

This card may have turned a little bit feminine with the addition of the Stickles for the pocket decoration but I'm not too worried.

The pocket was cut out on Core'dinations Vintage Collection cardstock. I stitched around the front-facing portion and assembled the card pocket. The decorative pattern was done with Yellow Stickles.

The 'kerchief was cut out on __________ as well as Stamper's Select cardstock. I stitched around the front-facing portion and used a gel pen on the decorative "stitching" cuts. On the folded portion to the side of the front, I inked it with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Fired Brick and added a bit of Black Copic to the crease, using the Colorless Blender to fade it to shadow (not entirely pleased with this). The patterned paper piece was then adhered, using my Xyron, to the white cardstock piece for stiffness as well as to create a writing area on the back.


The sentiment (Father Knows Best) was done on Kraft cardstock that had been scored and folded to give it a slight accordian pop off from the card.

{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: blue - Vintage Collection (Core'dinations Ebony & Ivory collection); white - Stamper's Select (Papertrey Ink); Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
  • Patterned Paper: _________________
  • Stamps: Father Knows Best (Papertrey Ink)
  • Ink: Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink); Fired Brick (Tim Holtz Distress Ink)
  • Cricut Cartridge: Old West
  • Other Tools: Copics - 100, 0; sewing machine; Stickles - Yellow (Ranger)

3 comments:

Karen B. said...

What a fantastically cute idea!

Jinny Newlin said...

Dana! This is adorable! LOVE it!

Merry said...

I so love this Dana...it is the perfect male card.