Embellish Challenge: Dana and Stamping Vacation DT: Pick 3 Challenge

Just like my mom, I couldn't resist the beautiful colors of this month's Embellish challenge! This fit nicely with Stamping Vacation's Pick 3 Challenge for October. Choose three from the following list of card elements: embossing powder, anything with a sunflower, cherry paper, mini bag or envelope, anything calico, a torn edge, any diecut, black ribbon or something scary. I chose black ribbon, a diecut and embossing powder.

I started by stamping the background using the border stamp on Papertrey Ink's Embellishments set. Black on gray, so pretty! Then I inked the edges with Black Soot Tim Holtz Distress Ink and adhered it to a black mat. A strip of True Black grosgrain ribbon followed by a strip of Lemon Tart satin ribbon. I used some thread to tie a "kink" in the ribbon where I was hot-glue gunning the separate bow piece (as demonstrated by Gina K here). I popped up this whole piece over a True Black A2 card base with a sentiment already adhered onto it (a partial Fillable Frames #4). I stamped the die cuts, applied rhinestones, adhered one to the popped up piece and applied the other sort of "wrapping" from under the popped up piece to the front, over the other die cut.

More than you ever wanted to know! ;)

{Supplies--all PTI unless noted}
  • Cardstock: True Black, Stamper's Select, dark gray (unknown brand)
  • Stamps: Embellishments
  • Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Black Soot (Tim Holtz Distress Ink)
  • Dies: Embellishments, Fillable Frames #4
  • Ribbon: True Black grosgrain, Lemon Tart satin
  • Other: rhinestones (dollar store)

13 comments:

Dana said...

EEEK, so pretty Dana! I love the embossed swirl and the tiny touch of yellow with the ribbon. Lovely!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Very elegant design. Thanks for joining the Embellish background stamping color challenge!

Karen McAlpine said...

Love the background treatment. The gray is really pretty. I'm going to check out the bow link. Have a great day!

Deb said...

Love this card!! Very elegant!! Love the pop of yellow!!

Mary said...

Wow this is gorgeous!

Charlene Austin said...

Such a beautiful card!

Kay D said...

Beautiful card- I absolutely ADORE the background stamping!

LindaR said...

Very pretty! Love the pop of yellow.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, this is gorgeous!!! I love the way you used the Embellish challenge - I was excited by this one, but then wasn't thrilled with my outcome. Yours is STUNNING!

Adele Fowler said...

This really pretty!! love the big swirl image :)

Victoria said...

Oh Dana, this is so lovely! I haven't inked up the Embellishments set yet, but I definitely need to now that I've seen your card!

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous! Very elegant. I don't have the Embellishments set yet, but you are tempting me! Great job!

LindaR said...

Very pretty! I'm lovin' the grey and yellow combo.