Stamping Vacation DT: Embellish It Challenge

Stamping Vacation's Embellish It Challenge this month is to use brackets. Since this has to be an embellishment and not just a stamp, I went through all my chipboard and grungeboard. I finally found the size I was looking for in my Bazzill Basics Chipboard: Marguerita Alpha pack (in Raven).


I had originally intended to use Tim Holtz Crackle Paint on them but it didn't go with the look of my card. So I applied black rhinestones instead. Looks so cool!

I actually stamped the black card base with Damask Designs and Versamark Dazzle: Frost ink, but it wasn't very discernible. So I changed tacks and used my Giga Guidelines impression plate instead. It still has that bit of sparkle which looks neat.

The sentiment uses stamps from Big & Bold Wishes and uses a little flourish from Waltzingmouse Stamp's Very Vintage Labels #4 stamp set. The Nesties I used were Mega Ovals and Mega Classic Scalloped Ovals.

A fun and simple project!

{Supplies--Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: True Black, Stamper's Select, Pure Poppy
  • Patterned Paper (envelope liner): Bitty Dot Basics
  • Stamps: Big & Bold Wishes, Very Vintage Labels #4 (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
  • Ink: Pure Poppy, Tuxedo Black (Memento), Versamark Dazzle: Frost
  • Dies: Mega Ovals (Spellbinders), Mega Classic Scalloped Ovals (Spellbinders), A2 Envelope Liner
  • Impression Plate: Giga Guidelines
  • Other Tools: black rhinestones (dollar store)

9 comments:

Karen B. said...

What a lovely color combination and I especially love the brackets with the stamp set.

~Tammy~ said...

I love the black rhinestones on the bracket! Nice touch!

Laurie said...

LOVE the black and red! Beautiful card!

Kirsty said...

Great job with the black rhinestones! Love the texture of the background and the hint of sparkle.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, I love the embossing, that's gorgeous. Don't you love that little extra from WMS? I use it ALL the time for a perfect finishing touch :) This card is beautiful!

Mary said...

Oooo this is really pretty! Love the brackets!

Adele Fowler said...

This is really elegant!! :)

Victoria said...

Fun to accent the brackets with rhinestones!

LindaR said...

Lots of texture, wonderful!