2S4Y Challenge 62 - Stacey's Sketch - Sabrina


Now for Stacey's bonus sketch for 2S4Y Challenge 62. This is the perfect sketch to use in creating my 3rd child, 2nd daughter's, 28th birthday card. Her birthday isn't until Dec.17th, but between this sketch and wanting to create her card before getting into the Christmas project mode, I now have it done!

She loves sparkle and glitz; a bit of Victorian; butterflies, which I didn't include this time; soft feminine colors; and flowers. So I tried to create a card from this sketch keeping those things she likes in mind.

So without further dialogue, this is my entry for Stacey's sketch.
The one unfortunate thing is that in all of the photos the cream cardstock pieces are reflecting pink and do not look cream colored. Also, the sparkle of glitter is around the cream dots on the blue paper doesn't show up as well in the photos, because it's really sparkly. I also found that spraying the glitter paper with hairspray helped to keep as much of the glitter from falling off, This was a tip suggest by Stefanie who is part of our ATC blog team. It does help.


The flowers, I made with scrap paper (not the heavy weight for card-making and crafting, but of 12 x 12 paper that is of standard paper thickness). I actually have jars filled with these flowers in various colors, and an assortment of leaves, too. It's a great way to use up those thin paper scraps. This is something I can do when watching a movie or favorite TV Show. The leaves and cedar-like twigs where cut with Martha Stewart punches.

Stamps used - Hero Arts Old Letter Writing, which I heat embossed with white powder,  and Papertrey Ink - Fillable Frames Set #4 Stamp Set, I used for the Sentiment on half of a Labels 16 die cut. I found that even score tape had a difficult time adhering well enough to the glitter paper as it was easy to take off when I realized I hadn't yet attached the ribbon, and had to use white pearl brads to ensure the layers would not start to come off with passing of time.

Well that's it for my two entries for this challenge. As always, I had great fun in creating my projects for this challenge. Happy crafting everyone! Thanks for stopping by.


TOOLS & SUPPLIES

Paper - PTI Vintage Cream
            - My Minds Eye - Lost & Found - Portobello Road "Buddies"
            - DCWV - Be Mine Stack
            - Bazzill - unknown color name for gray/blue cardstock
Stamps - Hero Arts - Old Letter Writing
              - Papertery Ink - Fillable Frames Set #4 stamp set
Spellbinders - Labels 16
Punches - from Martha Stewart
Ribbon, brads, scissors, glue

7 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

This is gorgeous! Love all the fine details! And even if it is reflecting pink instead of cream, it works!

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful! I love the colors :)
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Kristii said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Love those flowers!!!!

cnelson said...

WOWZERS! This is exquisite!

Angie Tieman said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! The soft colors are divine!

Stacey Schafer said...

so lovely! thanks for playing the bonus sketch at 2s4y:)

Laurie said...

Sabrina this is so elegant! I love those flowers!