Another Challenge Entry Today by Sabrina

I love 2S4Y Sketches and the inspiration I can find there. I check it out regularly. It is wonderful to be a part of challenges where we are inspired by others and can stretch our creative skills. Just love it! This entry is for 2S4Y using Kazan's sketch 63 a great sketch to play with. And once again there is the great inspiration from the design team. I also enjoy checking out all the entries, and am always amazed at the creativity displayed.

Well, let's get to my entry. With Christmas on my mind I decided to create a card to add to my Christmas collection.

I used Spellbinders Create a Flake One Shapabilities placing them around the stamped sentiment and embossed them into the white. After attaching it onto the blue cardstock, the ribbon was then wrapped around and the assembled piece placed on the white card.

The large popped up snowflake was die cut from the same Spellbinders set and is the largest. I covered it with VersMark and heat embossed with clear. While still hot I sprinkled white glitter onto it and pressed it in before it cooled. Unfortunately you can't see the glitter too well in the photo. I then used Star Dust Stickles and outlined the snowflake and it's holes adding the clear diamond-like cut button to the center. I also used the Stickles adding more visual interest and some texture to the embossed snowflakes, as well as to the stamped sentiment. I worked very carefully applying it to the sentiment and I'm very pleased with the result.

Thanks for stopping by our blog today to view our posts. Have a fun and creative weekend!


5 comments:

ZHENYA ZHURAVLYOVA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristii said...

What a beautiful card!!! Love the colors and all the sparkle!

Unknown said...

that is beautiful Christmas card filled with all the wonder and sparkle for the season
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan

Unknown said...

Very pretty. I completely forgot about my embossing powders. Gotta get those out!

Geri said...

Sabrina...I've been wanting to get over here and visit ever since you left that sweet comment on my last CP card. Too many things on my "list" lately...I don't even think I'm gonna get a CP card done this week! Yikes!! Anyway...this card is so very pretty! That large snowflake and sentiment are beautiful!! I also love the Cristmas card from a few posts earlier. The colors you combined with the gold are lovely!