Stamping Vacation DT: Lots of Paper Challenge and a Hi for Papertrey Playhouse's Mary

I recently joined the new blog Papertrey Playhouse. Those interested were invited to participate in a card swap, which I thought was a terrific idea, and I'm sending a card to Mary, the blog's instigator. I combined this card with Stamping Vacation's Lots of Paper Challenge, which requires paper made with more than one type of leaf. (I am just posting this now since I'm hoping that she will have received this by now and not chance upon it here beforehand!)


This is my first card with Papertrey Ink's new cardstock color, Fine Linen (it's the mat under the patterned paper). I also got to play with one of the Leaf Print dies and Terracotta Tile felt. Incidentally, I found this felt quite difficult to die cut through...

After stitching a border and the veins of the leaf, I added 2 types of twine to the card mat and green leaf ribbon to the leaf stem (for a splash of color). The sentiment was stamped on a Tiny Tag and safety pinned around the twine and leaf.

{Supplies--all PTI unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Dark Chocolate, Fine Linen, kraft (unknown brand)
  • Patterned Paper: Golden Leaves (Reminisce)
  • Stamps: Beautiful Blooms
  • Ink: Dark Chocolate
  • Die Cuts: Leaf Prints, Tiny Tags (Cuttlebug)
  • Other: rustic jute twine, vintage cream twine, leaf ribbon, safety pin, sewing machine

5 comments:

LindaR said...

I like the veins in your leaf, are they sewn? Pretty!

Victoria said...

Dana, this is lovely! I really like the stitched veining on the felt leaf.

Kay D said...

Great idea- I love the stitched leaf veins!

Adele Fowler said...

This is great, love the background paper!!

Mary said...

AH - I haven't gotten it yet but I am excited to have it show up in my mailbox - it's lovely! Thank you!!