Halloween Birthday Cards

A coworker asked for a Halloween-themed birthday card for her son and I had so much fun with this! I gave her a choice of three...


Now, I realize I got the pun wrong on this one... It should probably read "creepy" rather than "spooky" but I had a hard time telling someone to have a creepy birthday... I inked the embossed web with white chalk ink. This was my first time ever cutting vinyl with the Cricut!

I used my Martha Stewart Spiderweb edge punch on the inside of the card...

The next card was a little simpler. There is an inverted scallop border under the sentiment circle that's difficult to see but otherwise, fairly straightforward. The embossing was done on Core'dinations and then sanded... The twine was colored with a Copic marker!



This last card was my first idea... I even sketched it ahead of time! Guess I needed to work up to it!

It's my first gatefold! I did a full A7 size which required the use of some 12x24 Cricut cardstock for the card base. I used embossed, sanded and distressed panels on the front with Core'dinations Black Magic cardstock. I love the idea of spiderweb-punched vellum!! In retrospect, I should've distress inked these for better effect...

I got the patterned papers on the front with this card in mind. I think they're cute! I zig-zag stitched them for fun. Should I have inked these as well? It's easy to want to ink everything!! ;)


And here's the open card...


So much fun! I love all the details on this!

The writing panels and sentiment strip started out as white but were inked with Anitque Linen, Old Paper and Black Soot Tim Holtz Distress Inks. The haunted house was embossed on Core'dinations Black Magic, cut out and sanded. I love how it turned out on the bat background paper (which I, of course, distress inked first!)!


Thanks for stopping by!





{Supplies}

Have a Spooky Birthday
  • Cardstock: True Black, Orange Zest, Stamper's Select (Papertrey Ink); spider - black Core'dinations
  • Stamps: Simple Alphabet, Father Knows Best (Papertrey Ink); Creep Crawly (Inkadinkadoo)
  • Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Cloud White (VersaMagic)
  • Cricut Cartridge: Designer's Calendar ("SPOOKY" and spiders)
  • Other Tools: Spiderweb embossing folder (Cuttlebug), black Oh My Vinyl (Oh My Crafts), Spiderweb Edge Punch (Martha Stewart), white gel pen (Gelly Roll), googly eyes (dollar store), Cricut Design Studio for letter welding (Provo Craft), paper distresser (Tim Holtz)
Happy Birthday to You!
  • Cardstock: Black Magic (Core'dinations); Orange Zest, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
  • Patterned Paper (envelope liner): ____________
  • Stamps: Around & About Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
  • Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
  • Other Tools: Boo To You embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Circles and Inverted Scalloped Circles Nestabilities (Spellbinders), spider - Tricks and Treats die and embossing folder (Cuttlebug), twine, YR04 Copic marker, clear embossing powder (Filigree), paper sander (Tim Holtz), A2 Envelope Liner die (Papertrey Ink), Scor-Pal
Danger: Happy Birthday
  • Cardstock: 12x24 black (Cricut); black - Black Magic, orange - Elements (Core'dinations); Stamper's Select, Vellum (Papertrey Ink)
  • Patterned Paper: ____________
  • Stamps: Happy Birthday Sentiments (Hero Arts)
  • Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Antique Linen, Old Paper & Black Soot (Tim Holtz Distress Ink)
  • Cricut Cartridge: Mini Monsters
  • Other Tools: Spiderweb Edge Punch (Martha Stewart), sewing machine, Haunted Halloween and Distressed Stripes embossing folders (Cuttlebug), ink blending foam (Inkssentials), paper distresser (Tim Holtz), T1 & 0 Copic markers (skull)

1 comment:

Geri said...

Dana...these are awsome!! LOVE all that distressing!