Color Cue {9} and Stamping Vacation DT: Have You Tried Challenge

This month's Have You Tried Challenge at Stamping Vacation requires us to paper piece with dry embossed paper... I chose to incorporate this project with Dawn's Color Cue {9} colors which celebrate October as Breast Cancer Awareness month...

This is a beautiful color scheme and I had so many ideas for it! I went for simple but I'm not sure I'm pleased with the results... I made another card with these colors on a post being published on Oct 25th... Not sure which one I'll enter.


Using the pennant banner from Lawn Fawn's Bannerific, I cut out some Sweet Blush and Soft Stone cardstock and embossed it using Cuttlebug's Textile and Swiss Dots folder. I added some black, pink and clear rhinestones with my iRock and heat embossed the sentiment. Using Copic markers, I colored pink and black rhinestones on a flourish and combined it with the sentiment.

Quick and simple.





{Supplies--all PTI unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Sweet Blush, Soft Stone, Stamper's Select
  • Stamps: Bannerific (Lawn Fawn), Faux Ribbon (sentiment)
  • Ink: Black Tuxedo (Memento)
  • Other tools: Textile and Swiss Dots embossing folders (Cuttlebug); clear embossing powder (Filigree); rhinestone flourish (dollar store); iRock and rhinestones (Imaginisce); Copics: RV04, 100, 0; Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers )

2 comments:

Karen B. said...

Very beautiful! I think CAS cards are the best.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.