s.e.i. Linky Party: Sabrina

s.e.i. Linky Party
I am so sad that I didn't make the deadline for this challenge/party. I had completed it by Friday evening. I love a lot of s.e.i. products so I really wanted to participate. I couldn't find a deadline date and ended up being quite surprised that the challenge was open only for 3 or 4 days! I found that most challenges are at least a week before the deadline. Since I don't own a working camera, I rely on my daughter's whenever I need to take photos of my projects. I did not have use of it until Sunday evening, and found I'd missed the deadline.:(
I just fell in love with this s.e.i. Moonrise paper when I first saw it about a a month ago and ended up purchasing a 6x6 pad. I created the layered flower first by cutting it out of on of the floral patterned papers so that I would be able to use the correct size of Spellbinders standard circles to cut out of the patterned papers as well as the card front.
I used PTI's  Turning A New Leaf stamp set to heat emboss with gold the leaf pattern, followed by attaching the cut out layered flower. With the flower's gold foil lines, the gold embossing looks great! You can see how the two layers of the flower are raised dimensionally, but I also popped up the flower as well, to make it really stand out of the circle cut out. For the sentiment, I chose PTI's Birthday Bash Sentiments stamping it onto the front of the card with Memento Rich Cocoa. Then with Queen & Co's Sunshine Pearls, I use two different sizes, grouping them in threes, on either side of the sentiment to draw some attention to it, and create a sense of balance.
In this next photo, with the card open, you can better see how the circle cut outs from the layers of the card front work in using the flower on both the outside front and on the inside of the card, as a focal point.
You can also see that I did not place the circle die cut in the center of the card. I did this for two reasons - to create asymmetry, and be sure to have a little writing space on the inside of the card. I forgot to mention that this is a 5 1/2" square card.

I so enjoyed making this card, that I knew I'd be making a couple more cards using up the scraps from creating this one. I also look forward to the next s.e.i. challenge/Linky Party.


Thank you for joining me today, and I'll be posting another couple of cards from the scraps. Happy crafting everyone!



1 comment:

Niki Estes said...

Very pretty! I love that flower!