Naughty but Nice

My second Christmas card of the season didn't turn out the way I had envisioned it.

I started out with the ribbon. I love it! Before I affixed it to the card, however, I stamped Christmas lights along the fold with gold ink. My plan was to emboss some color on a few of them later using my new VersaMark pen.

I cut out the snowman from the Joys of the Season Cricut cartridge and Stickled the stars, mittens, hat and nose. Once they were dry (I waited overnight to be sure!), I pop-dotted them onto the card.

Now come the lessons.
  • I've learned never to heat emboss something near ribbon. My ribbon pulled away from the card a bit due to warping.
  • I also learned that embossing would best be done using the original stamp and not by being "colored in" with an invisible (Versamark) marker. Sheesh!
The embossing didn't turn out the way I'd planned at all. I used Green Tinsel, Gold Tinsel and Red Dragon embossing powders by Stampendous Stamp N Stuff.

I'd have to say that my fav part of this card is the snowman. The glitter cardstock I used had to be MultiCut by my Cricut due to its thickness but it was worth it. I had tons of fun using my Goldenrod, Lime Green, Black Diamond and Orange Peel Stickles!

No comments: