Ghoul's Night Out

I've held off on posting this because I keep trying to decide if I want to add a spider to the tree web or not... I would just be making it with a black Pebble and some embroidery thread, maybe some mini-googly eyes or white Enamel Accents. Perhaps I'll still do it; there's time until the event.


This card started out as just the spiderweb tree idea. Then I decided to do the rolling hills in patterned paper. Added inking and stitching and voila! I had quite a lovely night scene. So I made my sentiment match. This card inspired me to invite the "ghouls" out for a treat around Halloween. Not sure of the specifics, but it's as good an occasion as any to have some fun!

I actually sprayed this card with some Goosebumps Shimmer Texture Spray by Tsukineko. It's a great effect but didn't photograph well so I leave it to your imagination!

I'm entering this into Moxie Fab World's Assymetry Challenge.

The embossed tree qualifies this card for CAS-ual Fridays, though I'm not entirely sure this card qualifies as CAS...

Have a terrific weekend!


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: True Black, Vellum
  • Patterned Paper: Royal Velvet & Smokey Shadow packs
  • Stamps: Tiny Treats: Halloween
  • Ink: Palette Noir, Black Soot Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger)
  • Dies: Trendy Tree Tops, In the Meadow, Spider Web Trio, Tattered Banners (Tim Holtz Sizzix)
  • Other Tools: Woodgrain impression plate, Goosebumps Shimmer Texture Spray (Tsukineko), sewing machine/thread

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

So cute! Doesn't need a spider, but if you want one, it won't take away from the design. Love waht you did with the hills and tree. hugs xx :)

Karen B. said...

I think this is a cool design, kind of spooky, a spider might lighten the mood, but gosh I like it as it is.

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

I wouldn't change a thing! I love that you used the spider web as the tree top - you are so stinkin' smart! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!

Lisa A. said...

What a great card, Dana!! LOVE the colors and all the wonderful patterns in your papers...creativity in your tree with the spider's web:)!! Thanks so much for being a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Dana! Thanks for linking this up to the Asymmetry Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)