November Monochromatic Christmas Cards



When looking at the colours I had chosen for November's monochromatic card class, I decided to challenge myself to see if I could come up with a Christmas card for each of the colours I had chosen. I didn't use a lot of the 'Jawbreaker' teal like I normally do for a monochromatic card, and had to come up with something a little on the unusual side for the Gold Coins cardstocks, but I did it!

Here they are individually.


I used three Laser Cut chipboard ornaments covered in gold Stickles for this card made with Bazzill's Gold Coins.


You can barely see where I filled in some of the debossed lines with red Stickles. It looks great in real life!

Next...


...I really like this one. I used a lot of Star Dust Stickles, But I think it was worth it.

Here's the Poinsettia...


And next is a side view of the card.


And here is the teal tree with snow made using the 'Snow Marker'.


I used a triangle pennant/banner punch and notched some, while doing the opposite with others. I curved them vertically around a pencil and then curled the tips with my finger nail, used the snow marker, and when it was dry heated it with the heat tool and watched it puff up like snow. I'm wishing I didn't use the ribbon for this card. Should have done something else, but I chose to go easier for the class.

Here's a side view.



So that's it for this class. Hope you've been inspired for your Christmas card projects. Take care everyone. If you have any questions just ask in your comments and I'll do my best to answer as soon as I can. Till next time...:)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous collection of cards! My FAV is the white on white poinsetta! ;o)