Altenew November Challenge



Welcome back!

It has been a long time since I have entered a challenge, and right now I have a little time to create something that is not for a class. Because I got some of my first Altenew stamp and die sets a couple of weeks ago, I searched for a challenge to enter and I stumbled across the Altenew November 2017 Inspiration Challenge; a colour challenge. You should go check out all their challenges! Great inspiration!

Since this is a newly discovered stamp company for me, I was excited to see that they also have challenges that you can participate in!


This is the inspiration image for the challenge.


I used the Bold Blossoms stamp and die set and the Super Script sentiment stamp set for this card.



I have to laugh a little at myself because I was so excited about getting the card made that I forgot to follow through with some of the ideas I had in mind for creating this entry!  I wanted to include some copper metallic thread and ink blend around the edges a little with one of the colours. Even though, I think this card could would look better with those ideas, it still looks real good for my first Altenew card.

The next couple of photos show side views so that you can better see the layering and construction of the card.



I do not know if I would have ever come up with the idea to use these colours for a rose, had it not been for this challenge. Thank You Altenew.

I also used my fairly new Tim Holtz Tonic Stamping Platform to make this card. It sure is much easier to "layer stamp" using this tool!



For those of you local followers, Scrapbook Essentials BC is planning on having classes in the new year using your choice of stamping tool (MISTI, Tonic Stamping Platform, or your new Stamping' Up Stamparatus), where we will start to introduce layer stamping and...Altenew stamp sets! So look for those classes in January if you want to really use your MISTI!

Thank you all for stopping by to have a look. Be sure to stop by tomorrow for another take on this card in Christmas colours!

Happy creating everyone!









No comments: