Three Birthday Cards, Three People, For The Same Day


Hello Everyone!

Did you expect me to post again so quickly after yesterday's post? Well after I completed those cards for the 'Denim & Girls' card kit yesterday, I immediately set out to make three birthday cards for three different people that have their birthday on the same day! These people are my Dad, who is turning 87, and my two younger sisters, who are twins and turning 60! I had to get them done on time so that my sister that lives an hour away could also write in and sign the cards for the other two birthdays in time to send them off in the mail. As a matter of fact, she is the one that commissioned me to make the cards. I also had to make one for me to give to her too. So let's have a look.

Here are three cards all together.


The first card you see here should look a little familiar to some of you if you have been following my posts for about three years. I posted it here when I was teaching at Scrapbook Essentials BC after being chosen to be a Spellbinders Educator. This was a card that I hung on to for a long time because it was a favourite of mine. This is the card that I decided would suite the younger of my twin sisters.

 I just added the stamped 'Birthday Greetings' and the large '60'.


This next photo shows the '60' closer.


Hopefully you can see the four layers of light pink cardstock under the gold foil layer. I love this technique the Jennifer McGuire shows many times on her video tutorials.

Next in the first photo is a masculine looking card that I made for my Dad.


This card is comprised of Stampin' Up! stamps from when I was a demonstrator a few years back. (If you haven't seen my Stampin' Up! blog here is a link for some further inspiration for you.) I tried to make this an elegant masculine card.



You can see the layers above. You know me and layers; I love them!



I think my Dad is going to really like this card! I forgot to take photos of the inside, because I did some gold embossing on the inside too.

Now come the last card for my other twin sister, the oder of the two by 2 1/2 minutes. This one uses Altenew's "Cherished Memories" stamps and dies. I also used their alcohol markers to colour the flowers and leaves.

 The 'Happy Birthday' stamp is from Stampin' Up! however. If you look closely you can see that all the flowers around the edge are glued down to the edge of the cardstock piece, and them popped up toward the center of the the piece. I love how it turned out!


I used the same technique with the '60' again, except I used layers of white cardstock for this card.


I think I will do more alcohol marker colouring again. I forgot how much fun it is, and I'm a little out of practise.


Well, that's it for these three birthday cards. Hope you enjoyed seeing them and that they have inspired your creativity too.

Happy creativity!
















No comments: