Fun With Flowers

With all the fantastic tools out there available to us paper crafters, I never thought that I would again be using my old scrapbooking scissors that I purchased over 15 years ago and have been sitting in a tin collecting dust. But in the making of a Mothers Day card for my daughter I came across a tutorial on making paper flowers that require their use, and out they came. I just had to try making them. While I was at it, I decided to make three cards at the same time, each for a different purpose. I also decided to challenge myself a little more in the color combinations I chose. The most unusual turned out to be the yellow, turquoise, and pink Mothers Day card. I was thinking sunshine when I came up with the combination. The Cuttlebug embossed paper is gently inked and all the sentiments where heat embossed with the background image being a second stamping over the sentiment.

Any how, I did have a lot of fun making those wonderful paper flowers. I adjusted the sizes as I made more. I also found that if you don't make a real full flower you have room for a pearl or jewel for the center of the flower. I hope that you have as much fun making these flowers as I did. I'm considering preparing a class for Scrapbookers where I can teach how to make them.

Project Tools
Fiskars Paper Edger Scissors, Martha Stewart Lattice Border Punch, Martha Stewart Leaf Punch, Cuttlebug Floral Screen folder, Spellbinders Labels Four and Standard Circles

No comments: