Happy Birthday to the Hubs


This is my first experience using a PTI impression plate and I love the effect! Unfortunately, I discovered that the embossing pad kit I got from them differed from the one used in the tutorial and listed on the site. It is in the midst of investigation by PTI's wonderful customer service (Addendum: The manufacturer changed the sizes without notifying PTI. Apparently, it shouldn't affect anything.). The plate curved a bit after running it through my Cuttlebug and I was told that this was normal.

I blended some distress ink over the impressed woodgrain image.

I die-cut the tag twice and then cut and stamped the calendar and sentiment on the overlay. I circled the 17 for my husband's birthday. I used the Big Bite and a couple eyelets on the ends of the tag.

{Supplies}
  • Stamps: PTI's Father Knows Best (sentiment), Imaginisce (calendar)
  • PTI cardstock: Enchanted Evening, Terracotta Tile, Dark Chocolate and Rustic White
  • PTI impression plate: Woodgrain
  • Tim Holtz distress ink: Brushed Corduroy
  • PTI ink: Dark Chocolate
  • Spellbinders Tags Five
  • Big Bite and eyelets
  • Desert Sand Memento ink
  • red Spica pen

No comments: