Playing in Paradise Challenge 16: Black & White


I am so excited about today's challenge at the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog... Julie invited us to create an all black and white creation...


and the Design Team created some beauties! I definitely invite you to check them all out!


For my project, I wanted to try out Gina K's lattice technique, as well as some white heat embossing.


I really like how the inking makes it look a little distressed.

I used a Grand Square Nestability to cut emboss and keep a white border and scored the "lattice" lines with my Martha Stewart scoreboard. Then I used my Memento Tuxedo Black inkpad to ink it up.

The rose and leaves were stamped in Versamark ink on black cardstock and then heat embossed using white embossing powder and my Marvy heat tool. I cut them out and popped them up off of the lattice background. I tried adding dimension by painting the rose with bleach but it didn't have any effect.

The sentiment was done by die-cutting Spellbinders Labels 4 and stamping the border and sentiment.

I went back after taking the previous photo and added some Glossy Accents dew drops and random black rhinestones. I think I overdid it... ;)


Would actually appreciate tips on fixing this, please!!

Enter your project link by noon on Thursday, May 26 to be in the running for this week's prize: Fancy Pants - It's The little Things collection, assorted flowers and ribbon journal embellishments (approximate retail value of $16)! And, as always, the winner may participate in the next challenge as our Paradise Player!

Thanks for stopping by!


{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: True Black and Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
  • Stamps: Year of Flowers: Rose and Mega Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink), Vintage Labels 4 (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Versamark (Tsukineko)
  • Dies: Grand Squares Nestabilities and Labels 4 (Spellbinders)
  • Other Tools: white embossing powder (Filigree) and heat tool (Marvy), Glossy Accents (Ranger), black rhinestones (dollar store)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the boldness of your card. The lattice board you made is absolutely AWESOME, and the perfect backdrop for your rose!!! ;D

Sorry don't know how to help you fix the card. ;(

Allison Cope said...

WOW... this card just is SO striking Dana! I love it's simplistic beauty! Stunning indeed!

The Mama Monkey said...

ROTFL yes, we are long, lost sisters! I take a picture before I mess with a card more too...just in case! :) I really do like the rhinestones and dew drops!