G45 Bird Song Series - Box & Custom Cards

Two posts on one day! Scroll down to see the Christmas Layout helps and measurements.


The Graphic45 Bird Song collection is an amazing one! It's elegant, stunning, beautiful... and so on. It inspired in me the idea to make a five project series of classes for this paper, and the first is a box for a double use, with hidden tags and a custom set of cards and envelopes that we make from scratch. The following four classes will include a fan mini, a spiral bound organizer, an oriental tray made from scratch using chipboard to place these items on, and lastly a photo shadow box for the wall above the spot where the tray will be on display.

I'm so excited about this project. I just hope the class participants will be happy with all the work to get out these wonderful projects; such as fussy cutting which G45 always seems to call for, and other techniques that will be new to them.

Any way the box and custom cards are completed, so I'll show them. The other projects are on hold to be made until supply orders come in so I may complete them.

This is the little cigar box that I started with after carefully peeling off all the labels on the box.


I painted the box using of all things a bottle of Black Enamel Accents because I wanted it shiny without having to have layers of different products.

This is how the box turned out on the outside.


I used a gold gel pen to scribble in the branch and leaves behind the woman and then played with some flowers by inking them and pinching them in the center to make them look more like cherry and apple blossoms. The Glossy accents aren't yet dry on the square red brad, but I was in a hurry. I drew the same pattern idea behind the woman, onto the brad with the gold gel pen.

Here is the inside of the box without the cards in it.


... and taking the tags out...


And now you see it with the cards in it.


Because the box is narrower than an A2 card I had to customize the size of the cards and make the envelopes to fit inside the box.

Here are the cards individually.


These lanterns where all fussy cut out and are layered onto the card anywhere from flat on the card up to three layers of pop dots!

Here is a bit of a side view.


Now, number 2 card and envelope.


You want to see the fans close up?


I linked each chain myself. My class is just going to love me for this one, but I just couldn't resist the idea.

And the last card...


A more side view of it...


And why not show you all three cards together.


So that's it for series one of the Bird Song Project Series. I only have one dilemma now. I happen to know to people in my family who love Japanese things! So I may have to regretfully break up the set when I reluctantly give it away! I`d love to keep it, but really have no room for it.

I'd love to hear from you, your thoughts on this project and the seires' concept and ideas.

Thank you for stopping by! And, happy paper crafting!


For those of you attending the class here is the list of things you will need for this class -



Bird Song Box & Card Set
Tuesday, November 27
2:00 - 9:00pm with a meal break
$50
Intermediate to Advanced levels

This is what you will need for class:
-paper trimmer
-scissors
-fussy cutting scissors (if you have-not required)
-pencil
-ruler (longer than 6")
-gold gel pen
-Glossy Accents
-Yellow Petal Liquid Pearl
-Red Brick ink pad
-ink blending tool
-black marker (not the journaling pen)
-clean 1 inch sponge brush (maybe 2 just in case)
-quick dry glue (& a long stick pin in case you need it)
-double sided adhesive
-black thin pop-dots
-Splat mat (must)
-hand wipes or damp cloth and/or gloves for painting
-small needle nose pliers (jewelry ones work well - I will have one there, but as we will be using it for a while, it would be great if you could bring one)
-paper piercer and piercing pad or a small hole punch (smaller than the average hole punch)
-Scor Pal (or Martha Stewart Scor Pad)
-bone folder

Thank you again!



No comments: